Last updated: 17th November 2021
Carasti FZCO (a Free Zone limited liability company registered in the Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, Dubai, UAE, with company number 4725 (VAT Registration Number 100494601600003) and its registered office situated at DDP Building A2, DSO, Dubai, UAE) and/or its affiliates, officers or directors, Group subsidiaries, employees, agents and assignees (referred to herein as “Carasti”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “the Company”), provides an App and associated Services connecting our Carasti registered subscribers (“Subscriber”, “you”, “your”) with our Partners who each provide their inventory of car fleets to be available for subscription to you via our App or web platform. Carasti for Car Rental maintains the website address: www.carasti.com.
THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ('TERMS') HEREIN GOVERN YOUR USE OF, AND ACCESS TO, CARASTI’S SERVICES AND CONTAIN CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY AND KEEP THEM SAFE FOR YOUR FUTURE REFERENCE, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS.
- “Account” means a digital account that a Subscriber registers to via the Carasti App in order to access our Services.
- “Additional Fees” means any fees that are incurred as a result of the Subscriber using a Vehicle, including but not limited to, charges for fuel, tolls, excess mileage, traffic offenses, parking restrictions, court costs, congestion charges, speeding or other driving-related offenses, fixed daily penalty charges or Early Termination Charges, any costs or charges relating to repossession of the Vehicle (including third party agent costs, transportation required for repossession of the Vehicle), any charges payable for damages, dents, scratches to the Vehicle during the Subscription Period, as well as any reasonably incurred, foreseeable losses/charges resulting from the breach of these Terms or Partner Agreement by the Subscriber.
- “Agent” means Carasti in its role of connecting a Subscriber with a Partner for the provision of Vehicles on behalf of the Partner, and acting as the payment collection agent for the collection of payment from the Subscriber for the Subscription Price on behalf of the Partner (Carasti acts as the agent for the Partner, where the Partner is acting as the principal).
- “App” means a digital mobile application provided by Carasti to connect our Subscribers with our Partners.
- “Confirmation” means any electronic or written confirmation issued to the Subscriber by Carasti once a Subscriber has made a Booking, which shall confirm all relevant details related to the Vehicle subscription.
- “Booking” means a booking by a Subscriber to use a particular Vehicle under a Partner Agreement for a specified period of time, submitted via the App.
- “Early Termination Charge” means an additional charge incurred by the Subscriber for in the event the Partner Agreement is ended earlier than the termination date of the current Subscription Period.
- “Group” means the Company, any subsidiary or any holding company from time to time of the Company.
- “Mini Lease Subscriptions” means a long term subscription agreement of 6, 9, 12 or 24 months fixed Subscription Period to a new Vehicle listed in the New Car section of the Carasti App or Website.
- “Monthly Subscriptions or Month-Based Subscriptions” means a subscription agreement that is not for a Mini Lease Subscription and agreed on a monthly basis of 1, 3 or 9 months. A month is calculated as 30 calendar days listed in the Used Car section of the Carasti App or website.
- “Partner” means a person, company or organization (including a car leasing, dealership or rental company) who registers with us to make a Vehicle(s) available for subscription via our App. A Partner includes a legal or beneficial owner of a Vehicle and an administrator of Vehicles, and therefore is the principal supplier of the Vehicle to the Subscriber, which will enter into a Partner Agreement with the Subscriber.
- “Services” means any product and/or services made available by Carasti, including but not limited to, online and/or offline services (including the App, our website and associated technology) enabling a Subscriber to enter into Partner Agreements with Partners for use of their Vehicles.
- “Subscriber” means a user, whether person, company or organization who is registered as a Carasti subscriber who subscribes to use a Vehicle(s) with our Partner(s).
- “Partner Agreement” means a written, binding agreement between a Subscriber and Partner where a Subscriber subscribes to a Partner’s Vehicle for the Subscription Period. Carasti shall not be a party to the Partner Agreement. Partner Agreements may also be referred to as 'Rental Agreements' or 'Lease Agreements'.
- “Subscription Period” means the fixed period of subscription under the relevant Partner Agreement for which the Subscriber uses the Vehicle.
- “Subscription Price” means the price for the Subscription as set out in the relevant Partner Agreement, which is selected by and agreed with the Subscriber via the Carasti App. Where the price on the App is inconsistent with the price set out in the relevant Partner Agreement, the price on the App shall prevail.
- “Vehicle” means the car or other vehicle of a Partner subject to a Booking, and that includes all its parts, tools, fittings, components (whether mechanical or otherwise) and registration documents (including owner’s manual).
Your Acceptance of Terms
These Terms apply to all Services provided or arranged by Carasti to you as the recipient of the Services. By registering an Account with Carasti as a Subscriber you agree to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms. These Terms apply at any time when you use our App or any other method of accessing the Services and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Carasti. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE OUR SERVICES.
You acknowledge that Carasti does not own, sell, re-sell, lease or rent any Vehicles and agree that the Partners are fully responsible and liable for providing and maintaining Vehicles under the terms defined in the Partner Agreement, such that Carasti acts solely as an Agent bringing the Subscriber and Partner together to facilitate the Services. Further, you understand and agree that the Partners are not affiliates, Group subsidiaries, agents, employees, officers or directors of Carasti.
You will comply with these Terms and any obligations under the relevant Partner Agreement. If you allow another person to make use of a Booking you have made (for example any named drivers to use the Vehicle) you agree that you will remain responsible for the Booking and the use of the Vehicle.
You agree that Carasti reserves the right to amend these Terms and/or the form of the Partner Agreement from time to time. If Carasti amends the Terms and/or the form of the Partner Agreement by posting the revised Terms and Partner Agreement on the App, these amended Terms and form of Partner Agreement (if any) will take effect 7 days following being posted. For the avoidance of doubt, any Partner Agreement already existing between you and Partners will not be affected by such changes to the form of the Partner Agreement. Your continued use of the App shall indicate your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms and/or acceptance of the new forms. These Terms are also subject to change in accordance with any changes in the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
Your Registration with Carasti
In order to register to use our Services, please download our App through a third party’s app store to your mobile device, which must be solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. To use our App, you must provide your own access to an internet connection and pay any service, use or connection fees to your mobile network service provider.
In order to make a Booking using the App you must first register an Account with a username and password or social media login (including via Facebook or Google). You agree that Carasti may share your personal information contained within your Account with our Partners in order to facilitate the Services. You will need to provide your personal information in your Account which includes, but not limited to, name, address, email address, date of birth and phone number. For security and authentication procedures for access to our Services, you will also need to provide us with a scan or image of your driver’s license and National ID. You must have a full current valid driver’s license that has no convictions deemed unacceptable to Carasti or the Partner (including but not limited to any previous driving disqualification(s)).
You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information about you in your Account. Where permitted, Carasti has the right, but not the obligation, to undertake screenings, checks and processes designed to help verify the identities and/or backgrounds of Subscribers, including driving history and license validity. Carasti does not endorse any Subscriber, or a Subscriber’s background, or commit to undertake any specific screening process. Carasti may in its sole discretion use third party services to verify the information you provide to us and to obtain additional related information and corrections where applicable, and you hereby authorize Carasti to request, receive, use, and store such information. Carasti may accept or reject your application to become a Subscriber in its sole and absolute discretion.
Using our App & our Services
When you use the Services, we are providing you with the means to enter into Partner Agreements directly with Partners. Once you have access to the App, we display Vehicle inventory of our multiple Partners (with whom we have separate agreements), so that you may browse through all Vehicles available for subscription. Once you have selected your chosen Vehicle through the App and are ready to proceed, you will select your chosen Subscription Period and provide your electronic consent and agree to create a Partner Agreement directly with one of our Partners to subscribe to the Vehicle.
Your Vehicle will be delivered to you by the Partner or you may choose to collect it from the Partner at their offices or agreed location. Upon receiving the Vehicle, you will enter into a Partner Agreement with the Partner by signing in writing or electronically to agree to their terms of the Booking.
You agree to subscribe to the Vehicle as described in the Booking Confirmation for the relevant Subscription Period. The relevant Subscription Period and the Subscription Price will be detailed in the Partner Agreement and shown in the Confirmation issued by Carasti via the App.
Carasti and the Partner reserve the right to be able to reasonably substitute a Vehicle, including in the event of a manufacturer’s re-call, or other known mechanical fault or safety issue.
The Subscription Period may be extended at the end of the current Subscription Period, which the Subscriber agrees shall only be made effective via the Carasti App and in accordance with the terms of the Partner Agreement, which shall be amended by the Partner and signed accordingly with you and the Partner if deemed necessary, subject to the Vehicle being available beyond the Subscription Period at the time of applying for such extension. If Carasti learns a Subscriber has circumvented Carasti and made arrangements with Partners outside of the App, such acts shall be grounds for immediate termination of the Subscriber’s Account. Upon any extension of a Subscription Period, you shall be required to amend and sign the Partner Agreement, if necessary.
Insurance coverage for the Vehicle throughout the Subscription Period is included within the Subscription Price, as agreed between Carasti and the Partner.
Carasti is not a party to Partner Agreements, which are binding agreements between you, as the Subscriber, and the Partner. Carasti shall have no liability under any Partner Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, Carasti shall not be liable to you for any breach of any obligations relating to your subscription to, condition of, or use of the Vehicle. Carasti simply facilitates the payment for your use of the Vehicle provided by the Partner.
You appoint Carasti as your payment collection agent to collect all payments relating to Partner Agreements on your behalf. You authorize Carasti to advise Partners that Carasti is authorized to collect payments from you. Payment of the Subscription Price will be collected automatically by your selected payment method at the time of confirming a Booking. For avoidance of doubt, payment of the Subscription Price must be completed before you can receive the Vehicle from the Partner. Payments for additional charges will be charged automatically and a notification / invoice of the total charge and the charge type will be sent to you. We will reach out to you first with any invoices and supporting documentation for any additional charges and charge within 48 hours unless otherwise agreed between you and Carasti.
Carasti accepts payments by credit card and debit card, including without limitation, VISA and Master card. Payments will only be accepted in the currency of AED (AED, being the official currency in the United Arab Emirates).
You shall usually receive a payment confirmation via email within 24 hours of Carasti’s receipt of your payment. Any refunds shall be made to the original mode of payment used by you at the time of making the Booking. Please allow up to 5 working days for the refund transfer to be completed.
Carasti confirms it shall not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
You, as the cardholder, must retain a copy of transaction records and relevant policies and rules of the merchant.
If you fail to fulfil your payment obligations under the Partner Agreement, Carasti will charge you a 10% service charge on the outstanding amount and a 50 AED fee per day for every day that it remains outstanding.
You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account (including payment method details). You agree to immediately notify Carasti of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Carasti cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
You agree to observe and act in accordance with these Terms. During Bookings, you must at all times abide by the terms of the Partner Agreement, including but not limited to, the obligations relating to collection and return of the Vehicle, conditions for using the Vehicle (including restrictions on what the Vehicle can be used for and whom can use the Vehicle). Your responsibilities relating to the Vehicle, the Partner and Carasti are set out in the relevant Partner Agreement.
You agree that you are eligible to use our App and Services by confirming you are of least 21 years of age or older, such that you are of legal age to form a binding agreement with us. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not register to use our App or Services.
You agree that you will not create a false account with Carasti and will not use your Account for any immoral or illegal activity (including but not limited to money laundering or fraudulent bookings).
You agree to ensure that your personal information in your Account is correct and accurate, current and complete, and further you agree to maintain and keep your Account information up-to-date. Carasti will not be responsible for any incorrect details you provide to us, including if a Confirmation or other correspondence is not received due to incorrect Account information. If you notice any of your information is incorrect, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or chat with us via the live-chat system on our App.
Upon delivery (or collection) of the Vehicle, you must inspect the condition of the Vehicle before the start of the Subscription, and you must identify any defects and agree on such defects with the Partner in a vehicle condition report, which forms part of the Partner Agreement. You agree to keep the Vehicle in good and road-worthy condition throughout the Subscription Period. You agree to return the Vehicle to the Partner in the same condition as you received it, except allowing for wear and tear expected (including to tires and fittings) as a result of the mileage travelled and general use of the Vehicle during the Subscription Period. You must immediately inform Carasti and the Partner of any defects or damages to the Vehicle while in your possession during the Subscription Period.
You agree to always lock the Vehicle when not using it and acknowledge you shall be liable for any costs for replacement keys. Carasti shall have no liability to you if any of your belongings are stolen from the Vehicle. You also agree to use the correct fuel for the Vehicle and agree you shall be liable to pay any associated costs to remedy any damage caused by mis-fuelling. You further agree that Carasti is not liable for any belongings left in the Vehicle when it is returned to the Partner at the end of the Subscription Period.
You shall not allow any driver other than a named driver(s) in the Confirmation to drive the Vehicle at any time during the Subscription. If anyone other than you is using the Vehicle, you agree you will remain responsible for the Booking and the Vehicle. You shall drive the Vehicle in compliance with all applicable road legislation and rules at all times.
The Vehicle must be returned to the Partner by the end date of the Subscription Period either by you delivering it to the Partner’s location or the Partner collecting it from you. If you do not return the Vehicle to the Partner by the end date of the Subscription Period, you shall be in breach of these Terms and the Partner Agreement, and we may report you to the relevant authorities and arrange for the Vehicle to be repossessed and/or seek criminal charges against you.
You must not sell, rent, sub-lease, sub-subscribe or dispose of the Vehicle or any of its parts. For avoidance of doubt, you will not own the Vehicle, which remains the sole property of the Partner.
You agree not to modify, alter or attach anything to the Vehicle and you shall be liable for any costs associated in returning the Vehicle to its pre-modified condition if you act in contravention to this sub-clause.
You acknowledge that you have sole responsibility for your own safety and the Vehicle throughout the Subscription Period.
You shall return the Vehicle to the Partner in a fit condition, namely that the interior and exterior of the Vehicle(s) is clean and free of any damage, blemishes, stains, marks, etc. In case the Vehicle(s) is not in such a fit condition, the Subscriber may be liable to pay for repairs to the Vehicle(s) as per the estimate given by the Partner.
If your vehicle is collected without You being present you accept full liability for any damages noted by the partner as You were not present to sign off the condition of the car. This also applies in the case of force collections where You are not present to collect the vehicle.
Restrictions of Use
You may use the App or the Services only in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the App or Services for your own unrelated purposes, including but not limited to: contact a Partner for any purpose other than in relation to a Booking; commercialize any content found on Carasti or software associated with our Services; harvest or otherwise collect information about other Subscribers without their and our consent; recruit or otherwise solicit any Carasti Subscriber to join third party services or websites that are competitive to Carasti, without Carasti’s prior written approval; or to harass, annoy, threaten, harm or abuse Partners or other Subscribers.
You agree not to interfere with the operation of the App or the Services, including by:
- distributing viruses or any other technologies such as cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or e-mail address information, or similar methods or technology that may disrupt or interfere with the operation or provision of our Services, or harm Carasti or the interests or property of others;
- by-passing robot exclusion headers, interfering with the working of the Services, or imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; systematically retrieving data or other content from our Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory, or the like, whether by manual methods, or through the use of bots, crawlers, spiders, or otherwise;
- using display mirroring or framing the Services or any individual element within the Services, Carasti’s name, any Carasti trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Services, without Carasti’s express written consent;
- accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of the Services, Carasti’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Carasti’s providers; attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of Carasti’s system or network or breach any security or authentication measures; avoiding, bypassing, removing, deactivating, impairing, descrambling, or otherwise circumventing any technological measure implemented by Carasti or any of Carasti’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- endeavoring to circumvent a suspension, termination, or closure of your Account, including, but not limited to, creating a new Account to circumvent an account suspension.
You acknowledge and agree that the Vehicle will not be used (i) to transport hazardous, toxic, flammable, corrosive or commercial/trade materials, or (ii) for any purpose whatsoever that would not be covered or invalidate the Vehicle insurance (including but not limited to track-racing, off-road, racing, or driving lessons).
You agree the Vehicle will not be driven under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including both illicit drugs and legal medications that impair a person’s ability to operate a vehicle), and no one may smoke inside the Vehicle. The Subscriber shall be liable to Carasti for a fine of AED 500 if Carasti believes you violated this sub-clause.
Further, you agree that the Vehicle will not be:
- sub-let or used for conveying passengers or goods for hire or reward
- driven through water logged streets and areas;
- Used for propelling or towing away any vehicle or object in any test, race contest or competition;
- used in violation of any traffic, customs or other regulations;
- You agree that the Vehicle will not be driven outside of United Arab Emirates, unless agreed first in writing with the Partner and Carasti.
Procedures for Accidents, Damages & Theft of a Vehicle
In the event of an accident (or other road related incident) involving the Vehicle, whether it is your fault or not, you shall:
Not admit responsibility or attempt to negotiate with third parties;
Record the registration number of the other vehicle(s), take photographs of the accident scene, obtain the names and contact details and insurance details of all other parties involved in the accident;
Ensure the Vehicle is secure and comply with all applicable road and traffic laws; and Directly follow the Partner’s and/or Carasti’s instructions for having the Vehicle repaired. You shall not make arrangements for repair with any other third parties without the permission of the Partner and/or Carasti.
In the event of any damage to the Vehicle, whether it is your fault or not, you shall:
Provide all reasonable cooperation with Carasti and/or the Partner in relation to making necessary repairs (including returning the Vehicle to the Partner as soon as practically possible, if needed);
Assist the Partner and/or Carasti with the submission of any insurance claim(s) (including providing all necessary information relating to the claim); and In the event of any accident or vandalism to or the theft of the Vehicle, you shall report the incident to the police and relevant authorities, and the relevant vehicle insurance provider as soon as practically possible, but in any event, no later than 24 hours following the incident. In the event of a minor accident (where no one is injured or there is no serious damage to the vehicle), you still must report it through the Dubai Police mobile app, if you are in Dubai. If you do not have online access to this app, you shall report the incident at one of the ten authorized Enoc petrol stations in Dubai, or at any police station. If you are outside of Dubai or someone is injured or if there is serious damage caused to the Vehicle, you should immediately dial 999, anywhere in the UAE. The police will arrive at the scene and provide you with a report. This report states the cause of the accident and shall determine which party is at fault.
In the event you encounter a fault or warning light indication on the Vehicle, you shall notify the Partner and Carasti as soon as practical with details of the fault/warning indication. The Partner shall endeavor to rectify the fault as soon as possible and a replacement Vehicle may be provided within 24 hours while the Vehicle is under repair (subject to the cause of the fault).
For the avoidance of doubt, it remains at the Partner’s and Carasti’s discretion whether to refund or cancel any portion of the Subscription Price relating to the time during the Subscription Period in which the Vehicle is unavailable to you as a result of the incidents described within this Clause 9. Further, it remains at the Partner’s and Carasti’s discretion as to whether you will receive a replacement Vehicle for the remaining duration of the Subscription Period, if the Vehicle is unavailable as a result of any of the incidents described within this Clause 9.
Partner Servicing & Maintenance
The Services include all routine servicing and maintenance of the Vehicle during the Subscription Period, which is included within the Subscription Price, and shall be provided exclusively by our Partners.
The Partner shall contact you with reasonable advance notice to you to arrange necessary servicing and maintenance appointments, and you shall agree to keep scheduled appointments as agreed.
For the avoidance of doubt, you shall be liable for any necessary repairs that the Vehicle requires in excess of the valet cleaning service, normal wear and tear, or if the Vehicle has been damaged (either inside or outside), subject to repairs covered by the insurance policy for the Vehicle. You shall be charged separately for any repairs using the debit or credit card information you supplied to Carasti for this purpose. You hereby authorize Carasti to charge your payment method on file with Carasti for such additional repairs.
You acknowledge and agree that Carasti may install a telematics solution into the Vehicles at Carasti’s own cost, which allow Carasti to use GPS technology to collect information on the Vehicle (including but not limited to mileage travelled, fuel level, braking data), in addition to allowing Carasti to remotely lock or unlock the Vehicle, if necessary. You consent to Carasti collecting such information as described in this Clause 11.
Carasti may terminate your access to the Services or App at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice, effective immediately. Potential reasons include, but are not limited to, your failure to pay the Subscription Price or Additional Fees, your breach of these Terms, your vehicle insurance becoming invalid, your filing for bankruptcy or if you are no longer in possession of the Vehicle. For the avoidance of doubt, it remains in the sole discretion of Carasti whether to refund any partial payment of the Subscription Price in the event of an early termination, which shall be decided based on the reason for termination.
If you do not comply with these Terms, we may suspend or close your Account and you will not be able to use our Services (including making Bookings). If you try to create a new Account to circumvent our suspension or termination of your Account, we reserve the right to permanently terminate the new Account and any other existing Account you may have.
Upon termination of your Account, you will no longer be able to use our Services or make Bookings through Carasti. If you have any outstanding Bookings when we close your Account, you may be refunded in accordance with the terms of the applicable Partner Agreement.
In the event of termination, these Terms will continue in full force, so far as they relate to any previous Bookings.
Carasti has sole discretion to remove specific Vehicles or Partners at any time whilst a Partner uses the Services. If a Vehicle is removed whilst there is a Partner Agreement in place with you, that Partner Agreement will terminate immediately. Upon termination for this reason, the Partner must collect the Vehicle, and you will be refunded, calculated on a daily pro rata basis, through Carasti (as payment agent for the Partner) for any payments made under the Partner Agreement for use of the Vehicle paid for but not received by you.
For the avoidance of doubt, each individual Booking you enter into with Partners for the use of Vehicles may be terminated in accordance with the relevant Partner Agreement, and you and the Partner’s liability and obligations will be determined by these Terms and the terms of the Partner Agreement.
If you fail to return the Vehicle to the Partner promptly at the end of the Subscription Period or as required on earlier termination, Carasti may report you to the relevant police/government authorities.
You may request that your Account be deleted by notice in writing to Carasti at any time, but you agree to honor any outstanding Bookings and obligations under Partner Agreements in effect at the time of termination.
Termination of your Account will not affect the right of Carasti to recover any amounts owed by you pursuant to these Terms.
All provisions contained within these Terms, which should survive after termination of these Terms shall survive after termination, which includes, but is not limited to, disclaimers of warranties, indemnities and limitations of liability.
Additional Fees, Cancellation & Refunds
You shall be responsible for all offences and violations, including but not limited to traffic violations, involving the Vehicle(s). Fines or other expenses incurred by you during the Term shall be paid by you.
Additional Fees shall be applied by Carasti/the Partner on any expense payable by the Subscriber for the Vehicle(s). You agree and accept that the Additional Fees shall be calculated as follows:
For any daily or weekly subscription extensions following the completion of your first full month subscription period the rate will be calculated at the monthly pro-rata amount with a 25% surcharge.
For any traffic and/or parking fine, a 12.5% Carasti administrative fee shall apply.
For any fuel & excess mileage charges, a 2.5% fee shall apply in addition to the Partner’s standard charges.
In case of a booking received without valid documentation or cancellation before delivery for any reason, Carasti will refund you in full minus an AED 250 administrative fee.
In case of your early termination of a Partner Agreement, you agree that Carasti will charge you an Early Termination Charge, as well as a one-time administrative fee of AED 250.
The Early Termination Charges shall be calculated as follows:
In the event the car is returned in an excessively dirty condition where additional deep cleaning is needed there will be additional fees applied.
In the event Carasti or any of its partners have to immobilize your vehicle for any reason there will be an AED 150 charge applied to mobilize that vehicle.
Used cars on Month-based Subscriptions
In case of early termination of a 1-month subscription, there are no penalty charges. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to any refund corresponding to the remaining days of the Subscription Period.
In case of early termination of a 3-month subscription on a monthly subscription basis, Carasti will charge you a flat AED 300 early termination fee +VAT.
In case of early termination of a 9-month subscription on a monthly subscription basis, Carasti will charge you a flat AED 1,000 early termination fee + VAT.
If you opted into our 9-month lock in rate in October 2021 you can cancel for free at any point in your contract.
New Cars on Mini Lease Subscriptions
The Subscriber may terminate the Agreement for a Vehicle(s) after an agreed continuous lease period, as defined below, by giving seven (7) days notice of the same to Carasti. Upon returning the Vehicle(s) to the Partner, the Subscriber shall be liable to pay any outstanding payments of the Subscription, as well as a cancellation charge, that shall be calculated as follows:
In the case of early termination of a 6, 9 or 12-month subscription on a Mini Lease basis a 3-month penalty will apply (calculated as being 3x your monthly Subscription Price).
In the case of early termination of a 24-month subscription on a Mini Lease a 6-month penalty will apply (calculated as being 6x your monthly Subscription Price).
You understand and acknowledge that the Additional Fees are subject to change from time to time and may also be provided in the Confirmation. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the Additional Fees provided for in this Clause and the Additional Fees provided for in the Confirmation, the Additional Fees provided for in the Confirmation will prevail.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Subscriber shall be liable to Carasti for any Additional Fees incurred during the Subscription Period, even if such Additional Fees are not discovered by or reported to the Partner or Carasti until after the end of the Subscription Period. You agree it is your responsibility to pay any relevant Additional Fees (such as parking fines, toll fees) relating to the Vehicle. You shall be charged separately for any Additional Fees using the debit or credit card information you supplied to Carasti for this purpose. You hereby authorize Carasti to charge your payment method on file with Carasti for such Additional Fees.
You hereby authorize Carasti to charge your credit card for any Subscription Price and Additional Fees (if applicable) as well as any other recurrent payments or amounts due as part of our Services. By accepting our Terms, you agree to authorize Carasti to charge you automatically for any subscription payment and Additional Fees (if applicable), as well as any other recurrent payments or amounts (as applicable), without the need for any additional notice or consent.
Carasti will provide you an electronic payment confirmation immediately after you successfully make a payment through the App. Carasti will also provide you with an invoice in relation to the subscription payment and any Additional Fees (if applicable) upon receipt of any such payment.
All cancellations must be made through the Carasti App. If you cancel your subscription within 12 hours of your subscription delivery slot, Carasti will refund you the full amount minus a AED 250.00 admin fee; any termination after this 12-hour window will incur a 30% subscription charge (equivalent to 30% of your monthly rate of Subscription Price).
If you fail to return your Vehicle at the agreed handover date, you will be liable to pay 1 month’s equivalent rate of your Subscription Price.
Disclaimer of Warranties
our app, its content and services are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. you acknowledge and agree that Carasti makes no representation, guarantee or warranty (of any kind, either expressed or implied) that the information we provide through our app or services is accurate, timely, reliable, correct, free from viruses or other destructive components; or that the services will meet your requirements or expectations; or will be available at any time or location, or function in an uninterrupted, error-free, secure basis.
you acknowledge that your use of our app, its content or services is at your sole risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss arising from your use of information or content obtained from a partner or the services.
you acknowledge and agree that Carasti is not obliged to conduct background checks on any partners, and you are solely responsible for communications and interactions with other subscribers or users of the app or services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of using the app and services, including but not limited to any partners.
Carasti does not commit to undertake efforts to ensure the safety of vehicles, as this responsibility remains entirely with the partners. we do not make any representations about, confirm, or endorse the safety or roadworthiness of any vehicles.
to the fullest extent provided by law, Carasti hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose.
you agree and acknowledge that Carasti does not warrant or guarantee that any partner is covered by commercial and/or professional liability insurance and makes no warrant or guarantee in respect to the sufficiency or amount of such commercial and/or professional liability insurance.
Limitation of Liability
Carasti shall not be liable for any failure of a Partner to perform its obligations in relation to a Partner Agreement that results in losses or damages to any party (including, for the avoidance of doubt any breakdown of any Vehicle, or any related costs, including but not limited to loss of income or loss of use, and whether directly or indirectly incurred by a Subscriber, Partner or any other party).
Carasti shall not be liable for:
any damages or losses arising in connection with your use, or inability to use, the App or Services or websites linked to it, or your violation of these Terms; or any losses not caused by Carasti’s breach of these Terms;
any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to injury, accident, pain and suffering, emotional distress, physical or property damage, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business reputation, or otherwise that may be caused using our App or Services errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of your personal information or data stored within your Account on our App or failure to provide the Services where such failure is due to events beyond Carasti’s control (including a network failure, fire, flood, acts of war, terrorism, any law or action taken by a government or public authority, or act of God), regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable, whether or not we were advised of the possibility of such damages, and the legal or equitable theory (contract, tort, or otherwise) upon which the claim is based.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Carasti and its Group subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the App or Services or your violation of these Terms; your interaction with any Partner; booking of a Vehicle; or the use, condition, or trip, including but not limited to any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of a Booking or use of a Vehicle.
If you have a dispute with any Partner, you release Carasti from all claims, demands and damages or losses of any kind and nature, arising out of such disputes.
You agree that if you have a dispute with a Partner concerning the Partner or their Vehicle during a Booking, you will resolve it in the first instance by directly communicating with the Partner.
If a dispute cannot be resolved with the Partner directly, you may refer the dispute to Carasti or make a complaint to Carasti. Carasti is under no obligation to resolve any disputes between you and a Partner. However, Carasti may seek to resolve the dispute and may require that either you or the Partner make further payment to the other, or that either party refund payments to the other that they have received from the relevant Partner Agreement. If Carasti becomes involved in a dispute, you will provide Carasti with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Carasti in connection with any complaints, claims, charges or notices relating to the Partner Agreement or with respect to any investigation undertaken by Carasti or its representatives, its insurers or the police, regarding any insurance claims, use or abuse of the App or any other investigations.
If you are dissatisfied in any way with your subscription, you may make a complaint to Carasti at any time. Carasti will user commercially reasonable efforts to deal with your complaint in a fair and timely manner. On occasion, Carasti may appoint a third party to handle your complaint.
The provisions of this Clause 17 will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that Carasti retains ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to the App or Services, including patents, copyrights, graphics, logos and trademarks, which may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, used or modified without prior written consent from Carasti. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the App or Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Several open source licenses licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the 'License') have been used in the Carasti App.
Forms of Communications
You acknowledge and agree you are contracting with us electronically as part of using Carasti’s App or Services, and we will use electronic means to communicate with you to provide you all notices and disclosures (including via email or via the App).
Additionally, you consent that we may alternatively contact you via other means including, but not limited to, written or verbal means using the contact information you provide to us in your Account.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates and all applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding their existence, validity or termination, shall be settled in the courts of Dubai and governed and construed in accordance with the law of the United Arab Emirates and all applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, without reference to principles of conflict of laws.
Any notice or other communication given to you in connection with these Terms may be sent by email to the latest address maintained on the Carasti App or by post to such address as Carasti holds for you.
Except as otherwise agreed in these Terms and required by law, each party agrees with the other to keep confidential and not disclose (except with its employees, contracts and advisers (where relevant)) any confidential information it receives from the other party through these Terms.
Both parties agree that these Terms are fair and reasonable in all circumstances. However, if any part of these terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by a court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
If either party does not take action against another party, the party who chose not to take action is still entitled to use it rights and remedies in any other situation when these Terms are breached.
The headings herein are for reference only and do not define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of the section.
You may not assign or delegate these Terms without the prior written consent of Carasti. Any purported assignment in violation with this sub-clause 22.6 shall be null and void.
Offers, Vouchers & Competition Terms & Conditions
All discounts, vouchers or codes only apply to first bookings for new customers of Carasti unless otherwise stated.
New customers are only permitted to use one discount voucher or code when placing their first Booking only. Subsequent Bookings will then not be eligible for any new customer discounts, vouchers or codes.
A new customer is defined as someone who registers, makes a Vehicle Booking and enters the discount or voucher code specified on the advert, coupon or leaflet, at checkout during their booking procedure.
A minimum spending amount or Subscription Period may be applicable in the Booking to validate and use any discount, voucher or code.
Unless otherwise stated, all discounts, vouchers or codes must be redeemed within one calendar month.
Only one discount, voucher or code can be redeemed per Booking and each discount, voucher or code can only be used once per person.
All promotional validity dates are specified on the adverts, coupons or leaflets, please refer to the summary terms on these pieces of artwork for exact and further information specific to that promotion and its promotional period.
Any discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Carasti offer.
Discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives and have no monetary value.
Cancelled Bookings will invalidate the use of that code on an Account. If this is a new customer discount or code, new customers will then not be eligible for any subsequent new customer discounts, vouchers or codes
All discounts, vouchers and codes can only be used on one Booking, any remaining credit from that discount, voucher or code cannot be carried forward to any additional or subsequent Bookings.
Discounts, vouchers or codes may be provided on a customer service basis and will be applied to the customer’s Account in the form of credit, which has to be used in one Booking.
Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of discounts, vouchers or codes by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the Booking and use of that discount, voucher or code invalid and may potentially lead to that Account being closed down.
If for any reason a discount, voucher or code becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Carasti, or a Vehicle becomes unavailable, Carasti reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the campaign that is related to that discount, voucher or code and not re-issue any additional discounts, vouchers or codes to affected customers.
Carasti reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
By redeeming the discount, voucher or code, customers agree to release Carasti from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the campaign or with the acceptance or possession of any Booking.
All Vehicle listings and offers are subject to availability.
You must be 18+ to compete in any social media competition and only you, the winner of the competition, can redeem the prize, it is not transferable.
We acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms. Nevertheless, please feel free to direct any questions about these Terms, complaints or comments regarding our Services to [email protected] or through our in app live chat.
We’ll be more than happy to help!
Partner Terms & Conditions
Mini Lease Subscription & Payment Terms
- The Subscriber shall pay monthly charges for the Vehicle(s) via the agent’s application.
- The Lease Rental shall be payable monthly in advance.
- If the Subscriber makes a delay of more than Ten (10) days from the due date for making payment of the Mini Lease Subscription, the Principle & Agent shall be entitled to force collect the car and open a criminal case to recover any charges including early termination fees.
- The Vehicle(s) will be registered and licensed by the partner at the partners’ expense in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- If the Vehicle(s) registration is required to be renewed during the Term, the partner shall ask the Subscriber, no less than seven (7) days before the expiration of the registration, to return the Vehicle(s) for completion of registration formalities. Any liability, fines and/or penalties imposed on the partner on account of the subscriber for failure to return the Vehicle in time for registration purposes, shall be borne solely by the Subscriber. During the time that the vehicle is returned to the partner for registration renewal purposes, the Subscriber shall be entitled to the use of a replacement vehicle. Upon completion of the registration formalities, the Principle will return the Vehicle(s) to the Subscriber and collect the replacement vehicle from the Subscriber.
The Subscriber must not:
- Allow drivers other than any person officially added as an additional driver in the Agent’s application to drive the vehicles(s).
- Use or allow vehicles to be taken outside the territory of The UAE without the prior written consent of the partner. This can be requested via the Agent.
- Sublet or use the vehicle(s) for conveying passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- Allow drivers to Drive the vehicle(s) through waterlogged streets and areas.
- Use the Vehicle(s) for propelling or towing away any vehicle or object in any test, race contest or competition.
- Use the Vehicle(s) in violation of any traffic, customs or other regulations.
- Allow drivers to drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs, narcotics or any other substance impairing the driver’s consciousness or ability to react.
- Use the vehicle(s) off-road.
- Use the vehicle(s) for motorsports.
- Use the vehicle in any other manner which is in contradiction with the then prevailing law (Together the above uses are referred to as the Prohibited Uses)
- The Subscriber shall be responsible for any damage or loss suffered by the Vehicles(s) on account of the Prohibited Uses.
- The Subscriber must not:
- The Partner provides a comprehensive insurance policy (the Policy), with Personal Accident Benefit (“PAB”), for the Vehicle(s) covering the territory of the UAE
- The Subscriber will be responsible for payment of the Excess Insurance Charge in respect of any insurance claim relating to damage to the Vehicle(s). However, only in circumstances where the Subscriber provides an accident report from the police clearly indicating that the known third party was at fault for the occurrence which led to the insurance claim, shall the Excess Insurance Charge be waived and reduced to zero. If the subscriber adds CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) the excess will be reduced to zero in all cases.
- Both in the case of any sort of accident to the Vehicle(s), or in the eventuality of its total loss, a police report for the insurance claim must be obtained and it is the sole responsibility of the Subscriber to obtain such a police report if not the full cost of damages will be the responsibility of the Subscriber.
- If a police report has been obtained by the Lessee as per clause 4.3, the Principle shall provide the Subscriber with a replacement vehicle, the make and model of which shall be decided by it at its discretion. Upon completion of repair to the Vehicle(s) and its return to the Subscriber, the Subscriber shall return the replacement vehicle to the Principle.
- The insurance cover provided by the Policy for the Vehicle(s) shall not be applicable in the following cases:
- In respect of the Prohibited Uses; not covered by insurance and,
- In respect of any property left, stored, loaded or transported in, upon or by the Vehicle(s).
- In respect of theft of any vehicle which is parked in unlocked condition.
- The Subscriber warrants and undertakes that:
- The vehicle(s) will be driven by qualified drivers holding a valid UAE driving license. The Subscriber is required to provide the Principle with names of its authorized current drivers who will be driving the Vehicle(s) together with a copy of their current UAE driving license and Emirates ID through the Agent’s app. In case if the driver is on a visit visa, he should have a valid international driving license from his/her home country. In such cases his passport copy with the visa page and the international driving license copy should be submitted to the Partner via the Agent.
- The driver(s) of the Vehicle(s) is/are between 23 years of age and less than 65 years of age and hold at least a 6 months old valid UAE driving license or a 2 years old international driving license if on a visit visa. Incase of any deviation, 10% of the repair cost will be charged in addition to the insurance excess where applicable as defined in clause 4 above.
Repairs & Maintenance
- The Principle will provide full maintenance, repairs and servicing of the Vehicle(s), in line with the specified service schedule provided to the Subscriber with the Vehicle(s) (the Service Schedule). Should the Subscriber fail to make the Vehicle(s) available for servicing in accordance with the specified service schedule, the Subscriber shall be fully responsible for any resultant damage or loss suffered by the Vehicle(s). No replacement vehicle will be provided in such cases while the vehicle is being repaired.
- The tyres on the Vehicle(s) will be replaced by the Principle, as necessary in its discretion, on account of normal usage, subject to a maximum of one replacement set of tyres every 60,000kms if required. Tyre replacement necessary due to the Lessee’s negligence will be at the Lessee’s expense.
- Any costs for maintenance/repairs/servicing of the Vehicle(s) which are attributable to the negligence of the Subscriber, shall be borne by the Subscriber.
- It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to ensure that oil, water, other fluid levels and tyre pressures of the Vehicle(s) are regularly checked and kept at the levels specified in the Service Schedule. Failure to carry out these checks could result in damage to the Vehicle(s), in which case the Subscriber will be responsible for all repair costs incurred.
- Save where it is stated otherwise in this Agreement, the Principle shall provide the Subscriber with a replacement vehicle, the make and model of such vehicle to be decided at its discretion, for the duration of maintenance, servicing and repairs of the Vehicle(s). For the avoidance of doubt, a replacement vehicle for any damaged Vehicle(s) will only be supplied following the submission of a police report.
- No replacement vehicle shall be provided if the repair & maintenance of Vehicle(s) is necessary on account of the occurrence of any one or more of the Prohibited Uses as mentioned in clause 3.1
- The Subscriber shall be responsible for the cost of the fuel used while using the replacement vehicle.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Subscriber use of any replacement vehicle shall be subject to same terms and conditions as its use of the Vehicle(s).
- The Subscriber shall be responsible for all offences and violations, including but not limited to traffic violations, involving the Vehicle(s). Fines or other expenses incurred by the Subscriber during the Term shall be paid by the Subscriber irrespective of any time delays of notification to the Principle by the concerned authorities. A service charge of 12.5% will be applied by the Agent on each fine payable by the Subscriber for the Vehicle(s) or a replacement vehicle. Traffic Fines will be invoiced weekly and are payable within 7 days or when the monthly subscription fee is due, whichever comes first.
- The Salik tag will be provided on the Vehicle(s) or the replacement vehicle(s) by the Principle. Salik/ Toll charge will be charged to the Subscriber at actuals plus admin fee of AED 1 per toll activation. The Salik / Toll invoice will be submitted on a monthly basis and is payable immediately.
- Title to the Vehicle(s) shall remain with the Principle throughout the Term. The Subscriber undertakes to keep the Vehicle(s) free of and clear from all liens, encumbrances, attachments and other judicial processes from every cause whatsoever.
- Upon returning the Vehicle(s) to the Principle, the Subscriber will be liable to pay all outstanding payments of the Mini Lease Subscription, as well as a cancellation charge that shall be calculated as below for the said Vehicle(s).
- In the case of early termination of a 12 month subscription on a Mini Lease basis within the first 6 months the full first 6 month period must be paid or completed and a 3 month penalty will apply (calculated as being 3x your monthly Subscription Price).
- In the case of early termination of a 12 month subscription on a Mini Lease basis after the first 6 months, Carasti will charge you a 3-month early termination charge (calculated as being 3x your monthly Subscription Price).
- In the case of early termination of a 24 month subscription on a Mini Lease basis, you may not terminate your subscription in the first 12 months without full payment for the first 12 month term + a 3 month penalty. (For example if you terminate at the end of month 6 you will owe 6 months + a 3 month penalty)
- In the case of early termination of a 24 month subscription on a Mini Lease basis after the first 12 months, Carasti will charge you a 3-month early termination charge (calculated as being 3x your monthly Subscription Price).
The Principle shall have the right to terminate the Agreement in the following circumstances:
- if the Vehicle(s) is declared as a total loss (including but not limited to theft), in which case no cancellation charge shall be levied on the Subscriber if it is not Subscriber’s fault as stated in the final police report;
- in the event that the Subscriber fails to make any of the payments required to be made by it under the Agreement, or fails to perform any of it’s obligations hereunder, and where such default continues for a period of ten (10) days the Principle shall have the right to recover the Vehicle(s) being used by the Subscriber, without the need to make a demand or give notice and without having to obtain a court order or take any other legal proceedings in this regard. The Subscriber acknowledges this right of the Principle to recover the Vehicle(s) and it waives any and all damages incurred by it on account of such recovery of the Vehicle(s) by the Principle. The Agent and Principle reserve the right to terminate the contract and charge the above mentioned termination charges in case of default in payments.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated by either party at any time, if the other party becomes insolvent, is subject to a petition in bankruptcy filed by or against it, or is placed under the control of a receiver or liquidator or a committee of its creditors, or applies for or is the subject of winding up proceedings.
Unless terminated earlier as per clause 11 above, this Agreement shall be deemed to be renewed automatically on the same terms and conditions on the expiry of the Term and shall subsist till terminated by either party.
- The Subscriber shall indemnify the Principle and Agent and keep the Principle and Agent indemnified against all losses costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, damages and all other liabilities suffered or incurred by the Principle, directly or indirectly, as a result of:
- A breach of or failure of the Subscriber to comply with its obligations under this Agreement or any other terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- The imposition of any fines or penalties in respect of the Vehicle(s), including but not limited to traffic violations;
- The impoundment or confiscation of the Vehicle(s) by any competent authority in connection with any of the matters referred to in this Agreement or for any other reason within the control of the Subscriber.
Condition of the Vehicle(s)
Upon expiry or termination of this Agreement the Vehicle(s) shall be returned to the Principle in a fit condition, namely that the condition of the Vehicle(s) is compatible with its age and the mileage recorded by it and that the interior and exterior of the Vehicle(s) is clean and free of any damage, blemishes, stains, marks, etc.
In case the Vehicle(s) is not in such a fit condition, the Subscriber shall pay for repairs to the Vehicle(s) as per the estimate given by the Principle. The Mini Lease Subscription for the Vehicle(s) will continue to be charged to the Subscriber during the period when the Vehicle(s) is undergoing such repairs or awaiting approval of the same.
The Subscriber shall not assign, sublet or lease the Vehicle(s) to any other person for any reason whatsoever.