Last updated: 17th November 2021
Carasti for Car Rental (One-person limited liability company) with MISA license number 102144209104250 and VAT Registration Number 310991088900003), and its registered office situated at 3141 Anas Bin Mailk, Al Malqa District, Unit III, Riyadh 13521 – 8292, Saudi Arabia, and/or its affiliates, officers or directors, Group subsidiaries, employees, agents and assignees (referred to herein as “Carasti”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “the Company”), provides an App and associated Services connecting our Carasti registered subscribers (“Subscriber”, “you”, “your”) with our Partners who each provide their inventory of car fleets to be available for subscription to you via our App or web platform. Carasti for Car Rental maintains the website address: www.carasti.com.
- “Account” means a digital account that a Subscriber or a Partner registers to Carasti in order to access our Services.
- “App” means a digital mobile or website application provided by Carasti to connect our Subscribers and Partners.
- “Booking” means a booking by a Subscriber to use a particular Vehicle under a Partner Agreement for a specified period of time, submitted via the App.
- “Partner” means a person, company or organization (including a car leasing or a rental company) who registers with us to make Vehicles available for subscription via our App. A Partner includes a legal or beneficial owner of a Vehicle and an administrator of Vehicles.
- “Services” means any product and/or services made available through or by Carasti, including but not limited to, online and/or offline services (including the App and associated technology), provided by Carasti allowing a Subscriber to enter into Partner Agreements with Partners for use of their Vehicles.
- “Subscriber” means a user, whether person, company or organisation, that has visited the App, or is using the App, and is registered as a Carasti subscriber seeking to subscribe to use a Vehicle(s) with our Partner(s).
- “Partner Agreement” means a written, binding agreement between a Subscriber and Partner where a Subscriber subscribes to a Partner’s Vehicle for the Subscription Period. Partner Agreements may also be referred to as “Rental Agreements” or “Lease Agreements”, which the Partner is responsible for preparing and signing with the Subscriber upon delivery of the Vehicle to the Subscriber, and contains the Partner’s own terms & conditions with the Subscriber, which the Subscriber shall be legally bound by upon signing.
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies you as an individual, that we can combine with readily available information to identify you as an individual, or that we can use to contact you.
- “Vehicle” means the car or other vehicle of a Partner subject to a Booking, and that includes all its parts, tools, fittings, components (whether mechanical or otherwise) and registration documents (including owner’s manual).
How We Collect and Use Information
- The principle purposes for which we collect and store information, including Personal Information, are to process your application to open an Account with us and make a Booking, allow you to reserve and use Vehicles offered by our Partners for use through our Services, authorize payment, bill you, respond to your inquiries, improve our products and services, maintain your account with us, protect our rights, and comply with our legal obligations.
- Carasti collects information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number, if you include that information in a form, survey, an email, a text message, over the telephone, in an instant message, or by other means. Your telephone calls and email correspondence with us may be recorded or monitored for quality control, training, and similar purposes. By using these communication methods, you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of your calls and emails with Carasti.
- If you register to join Carasti by creating an Account with us, we collect your Personal Information as you proceed through the stages of our application, entering a Partner Agreement and Booking process. In addition to your name and contact information, we also collect your driver's license number, Emirates ID data, and we may run background checks regarding any previous driving convictions or related offenses. This information will be used to process your Account application. For the avoidance of doubt, details of all credit cards or debit cards will not be stored, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- If you register to join Carasti and use our Services, we shall collect information about your Bookings (including dates, times, locations) and your use of Carasti Services (including return time, mileage, accidents). We use this information to bill you, respond to your inquiries, provide and improve our products and services and maintain your account with us, to personalize your Carasti experience (i.e. by understanding your preferences), and to provide content and offers that we think may be of interest to you. To learn more about how Carasti customizes the content and offers you receive, please see Section 5 'Advertising and Personalized Content' below. From time to time, we will send newsletter emails. To unsubscribe from our newsletters, please follow the instructions provided in the newsletters you have received.
- Vehicles subscribed to through our Services may be equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) vehicle tracking technology and other telematics technology as may be further described in the Partner Agreement. GPS is a network of satellites that allows us to determine the location (latitude and longitude) of Vehicles subscribed through the Service. This information is transmitted to Carasti and temporarily stored (including while a Vehicle is being subscribed to you by a Partner through the Services). Carasti uses this information for a variety of important purposes. For example, we may use GPS data to help you find a Vehicle you have reserved, to provide roadside assistance when you need it, to ensure that a Vehicle is available at the place and time you have reserved, to alert us when a Vehicle subscribed through our Services is likely to be returned late, to identify potential violations of our Terms & Conditions and/or the Partner Agreement, and to locate lost or stolen Vehicles rented through the Service.
- When you visit the Carasti website, our servers automatically log certain information about your use of our websites, such as your IP address, your browser type, operating system, browser language, and service provider. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, such as the pages you visit or the ads or links you click on. The first time you visit a Carasti website, Carasti assigns you a unique number, which is stored in one or more cookies on your computer's hard drive. These cookies help us distinguish new visitors from returning visitors and enable us to measure the effectiveness of content on the website and refine and tailor that content to suit our visitors' interests. If you have joined Carasti or provided other Personal Information about yourself (for example, if you send us an email), your cookie ID can be associated with you personally. To learn more about cookies and how Carasti customizes the content and offers for you, please see Section 5 'Advertising and Personalized Content' below.
How Might We Transfer Personal Information to Third Parties?
- Carasti will not pass on any debit card or credit card information to third parties.
Carasti will not share your Personal Information with third parties unless we obtain your consent in writing; except under the following circumstances:
- To Partners to provide you with access to Vehicles: We disclose certain Personal Information to our Partners who through our Services provide you with access to their Vehicles. For example, we provide Partners with basic contact information (phone and e-mail address) to facilitate communication between you and the Partner. Although we do not share detailed GPS information with Partners, we provide the Partner with the last known parked location of a vehicle to help protect the Partner from loss of its vehicle.
- To Service Providers to Provide the Service: We disclose your Personal Information to service providers acting on our behalf or under our instructions, including for purposes relating to the operation, maintenance, administration, improvement, and oversight of our services, websites and advertising services, or to fulfill your requests for information or service.
- To Process Your Carasti Account Application: If you apply to register an Account with Carasti, we share certain Personal Information with service providers who help us obtain your driving record and credit history.
- In Connection with a Merger or Acquisition Transaction: We may disclose Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction, proceeding, or reorganization involving the business activities for which the information is maintained. In the event that ownership of Carasti or its business was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, Personal Information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the way Personal Information about you is used, we will provide notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
- To Respond to Legal Process: Carasti may disclose Personal Information, including location/GPS data, as required by law (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena) or requests from law enforcement authorities; in other circumstances in which Carasti believes the Services or the Partner’s Vehicle(s) are being or has been used in violation of the applicable law or otherwise in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary to protect the rights or property of Carasti or third parties.
- With your permission, Carasti may send you messages with offers that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also present you with offers on behalf of our Partners. If you do not want us to send you promotional emails, follow the instructions provided in the messages you have received. You may not be able to opt out of receiving certain messages relating to the Service, such as security alerts.
Advertising and Personalized Content
- Cookies are text files that are placed in your computer's browser, and that can be used to help recognize you on the Carasti websites. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to maintain session state and user identity. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to help remember user preferences. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's 'help' file. To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see 'How Google uses data when you use our Partners' Services or apps.'
- You can control browser cookies through your browser's settings. You can control flash cookies via the Adobe Flash application on your computer, or by going to the Adobe Flash Player website, which allows you to view, modify, and delete flash cookies. You may delete cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you reject all browser or flash cookies, however, some areas of our sites may not function.
- We do not knowingly solicit or collect individually identifying information from children under the age of 18.
What Security Measures are Used to Protect My Personal Information?
- Carasti is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties, different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- If you have questions about our handling of personal information, you may write to us at [email protected] or at the address below or speak to us through our live chat in app.
- Carasti for Car Rental (One-person limited liability company) with MISA license number 102144209104250 and VAT Registration Number 310991088900003), is located at 3141 Anas Bin Mailk, Al Malqa District, Unit III, Riyadh 13521 – 8292, Saudi Arabia